Educational & Learning Assessment Package
Our educational & Learning assessments are designed to assess the academic strengths and weakness of a child and recommended for children where there is a potential specific learning disorder i.e dyslexia, giftedness, or complex learning/ behavioural needs. Assessment of ADHD is also able to be added to an educational assessment.
- NIdentify an individual's strengths and weakness in academic abilities
- NAssist in exploring an individual's overall learning difficulties and needs
- NAssist in developing learning strategies and recommendations
- NAssist in the examination of specific learning disabilities, for example:
- Dyslexia: Difficulties in reading, comprehension, writing and spelling (language-based)
- Dyscalculia: Difficulties in understanding numbers, math concepts and solving maths problems
- Dysgraphia: Difficulties in written expression including handwriting, spelling and composition
Assessment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is also able to be added to this package. ADHD is a complex neurodevelopment disorder that can affect a child’s ability to function in many different aspects of their life, such as at school, socially and at home.
ADHD assessment is recommended for children who display difficulties with:
- NHave trouble staying focus in tasks or play
- NAppear not to listen, even when spoken to directly
- NTrouble organising tasks and activities
- NEasily distracted
- NFidgeting, squirming, or otherwise having trouble sitting still
- NEngaging in activities loudly or disruptively
- NExcess talking and interrupting other people
Our Educational & Learning Assessments measure:
The various cognitive abilities known to be important for learning
(e.g., verbal comprehension, working memory, visual spatial ability, reasoning, processing speed etc.)
(e.g., attention difficulties, anxiety, social communication difficulties, etc)
Academic abilities & giftedness
e.g. in areas of literacy & numeracy (e.g. reading, writing, spelling, maths)
Specific learning disabilities
The comprehensive report includes detailed recommendations for appropriate classroom strategies, any relevant diagnosis, and recommendations for appropriate intervention supports or further assessment.
Structure & Cost
Price per each individual assessment session. Total price for the Full Assessment $1040
(includes both parent and teacher versions)
**Deposit of $300 requited at time of booking, this amount will be deducted from the final report fee.
Medicare: There are currently no rebates for psychological assessments available from Medicare.
Private Health: Some private health providers may provide potential rebates for psychological assessments – please enquire with your personal fund.
NDIS: For those who are self-managed or plan-managed NDIS clients – please check with your support coordinator or plan manager regarding utilising your NDIS funds for psychological assessment.
If you have further questions or would like to book an assessment, please contact our friendly admin team on 07 5408 8788
Online Self-Paced 8 Week Course:
With over 40 years combined experience, join the collaboration of three highly experienced psychologists and practice owners: Tehani Gunasekara, Karen Martin and Melissa Johnson on an 8 week journey. This course will provide you with education, strategies and practical tips aimed to improve problems in study, jobs and career, at home, in the family and other relationships, and with tasks of daily living.
Join the waiting list by sending an email: email@example.com